If you know me, then you already know how much I love peanut butter! I like to slather rice cakes or apples with my favorite all natural peanut butter for a quick and healthy snack, and my go to smoothie has always been peanut butter banana! Well I felt like it was time to come up with a new spin on my favorite post workout drink! Who doesn’t love pb & j ? Check out my recipe below for a nutrient packed twist of a must-loved flavour combo!
PB & J POST WORKOUT RECOVERY SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter
- 1 cup frozen berries ( I like to use cherries! )
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp. wheatgrass powder ( optional )
- 1/4 cup kale ( optional )
- 1 scoop Vega chocolate sport protein
Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy!
If you like to tantalize your taste buds, then try another one of my favorite smoothies here!