Who is Wonder Woman you might ask? Wonder Woman is an Amazon and was granted her powers by the Greek gods, in particular by Aphrodite who created the Amazons. It is said that much of her strength came from her training and channeling of her mental powers into physical abilities.
The truth is, we all secretly have super powers within. Sometimes we just can’t figure out how to use them properly. In honour of all …
When it comes to smoothies, I usually like to experiment and create my own tasty concoctions to be shared with all of you. But I could hardly resist, when I came across this tasty non dairy version of such a classic ice cream favour, I was just dying to try it. Not only was this smoothie created by my all time favourite protein creator Vega, but it didn’t disappoint!
I am so excited …
After a good workout, I always turn to a delicious smoothie to satisfy my hunger and fuel my body with the right nutrients for repair and recovery. To ensure my smoothie will fill me up and keep me satisfied for more than a few minutes, I’ve learned that I need to pack it with nutritious ingredients such as whole grains, fresh fruits, greens and of course protein.
Another great addition to any smoothie is …
When I came across this recipe from Chelsea Lords of Chelsea’s Messy Apron, I practically fell out of my chair. Can we talk about this for a second?? Chocolate, Peanut Butter and more Chocolate all wrapped together in one mouth-watering bite, in what way can we call all of that Skinny? These muffins are basically all of my favorite things rolled into one. If this woman has some how accomplished this, then Sign. …
a smoothie bowl ?
I’m sure everyone knows what a smoothie is nowadays, but what about a smoothie bowl? These filling and extremely nutritious breakfast bowls are just like smoothies, but thicker so they can be spooned up and topped with extra goodies.
Smoothie bowls are the perfect breakfast or healthy snack for those who like to sit and eat their food versus sipping it from a straw. It’s also a super …
Why is it so important to consume protein immediately after we exercise? After we workout our muscles are completely depleted. Therefore our bodies require an abundance of protein and other nutrients to help build and repair our muscles. Additionally, if we intake the proper nutrition immediately after a good workout, our bodies are biochemically “primed” for maximum nutrient absorption.
My favorite way to fuel my muscles for recovery, is to create a delicious post workout …
If you know me, then you already know how much I love peanut butter! I like to slather rice cakes or apples with my favorite all natural peanut butter for a quick and healthy snack, and my go to smoothie has always been peanut butter banana! Well I felt like it was time to come up with a new spin on my favorite post workout drink! Who doesn’t love pb & j ? Check …
Try my latest creation! With the smooth rich taste of chocolate, and just a hint of vanilla this smoothie is sure to tantalize your taste buds and provide all the power you need to fuel an intense workout or help speed your recovery.
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 small frozen bananas
1/4 kale ( I use frozen)
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp. Chia seeds
1 scoop Vega Chocolate
When striving to live a healthy and fit lifestyle, good nutrition plays a huge role in your success. If your goal is to look good then you should know that 80% of your results are determined by what goes in your mouth each day and exercise only accounts for the remaining 20% .
I like to start each and everyday off with a bowl of nutritious oatmeal. Not only is it rich in soluble fibre, …
This smoothie is sure to tantalize your taste buds all while providing the right nutrients to fuel your recovery process after an intense workout!
1 scoop vanilla Vega protein
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond or cashew milk
1/2 cup vanilla greek yoghurt
1 1/2 cups frozen cherries
1/4 cup kale ( I freeze my kale first )
1 tbsp. chia seeds
ice ( optional )
Combine all ingredients in a blender, mix well and …