I am always looking to improve my beauty routine, searching for products better for my skin that provide specific solutions targeted to my beauty needs. Although I have a huge love for makeup and beauty products from places like Sephora. I have been gradually switching up my skin care products , as I seek out healthier, natural, cruelty free brands. I have discovered many great products over the last few months all from Sephora, but I also use an equal amount of D.I.Y beauty products made from ingredients right out of my kitchen.
Using items conveniently available in your kitchen are easy to use and much lighter on your wallet. Adding these ingredients to your beauty routine will provide many great benefits for your skin. I have put together a list of 5 ingredients I use regularly in my beauty routine. They all have amazing benefits and are 100% edible.
5 ingredients you need to add to your beauty routine today!
- Coconut oil – antibacterial, antifungal and very moisturizing (apply to a cotton pad to remove your makeup, use as body moisturizer, use as a hair treatment to soften and add shine, or combine with ingredients such as coffee or brown sugar to exfoliate)
- Egg whites – have astringent properties that help shrink pores ( mix 1 tsp. of egg white and 1 squeeze of lemon juice, apply to whole face or just areas with large pores. Leave on for 15 minutes like a mask before rinsing and then pat dry with a soft towel)
- Oatmeal – provides a grainy surface great for exfoliating, and it helps absorb and remove impurities (add 1-2 tsp of oats to warm water and mix until milky, apply all over face or body as a gentle exfoliant, then rinse with warm water)
- Coffee – when applied topically to the skin, it constricts blood vessels under the skin and helps reduce swelling and puffiness. Caffeine also combats cellulite. (I combine coffee, brown sugar and olive oil or coconut oil in equal parts to use as a body scrub, it leaves skin feeling soft and smooth)
- Brown sugar – Sugar is full of glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. The natural glycolic acid in sugar not only helps condition and moisturize skin, but protects it from toxins. ( I use this ingredient regularly in my D.I.Y body and lip scrubs)
What beauty products do you like? Have you tried any D.I.Y beauty recipes that you love? Discover more great D.I.Y beauty ideas on Pinterest by following my D.I.Y beauty board!