We all want to look good and feel good this summer. When we think of hot temperatures, tank tops and bikinis , we all get a little more motivated to start working out and eating healthy. The problem is, we all have so many excuses and life sometimes consumes us. I have discovered over the years that I can feel and look great by exercising in the comfort of my own home. Working out at home saves money, takes less time and can be done whenever your schedule allows. Read on to find a great list of reasons , you too should start working out at home!
Benefits of working out at home vs. the gym this summer!
- You can wear what you want – There’s no pressure to look good , this means you put your shirt on backwards, wear your pajamas and no need to pack a gym bag with indoor and outdoor runners.
- You don’t have to go anywhere – Especially in the winter, no need to warm up your vehicle and venture into the cold. There are so many exercise videos readily available on the internet that you can watch and follow along with, or simply grab some free weights and a yoga mat and do a combination of different exercises that you love.
- No criticism – Sweat as much as you want, do all the weird yoga poses, pose in the mirror , play your music as loud as you want, and just focus on you with no distractions!
- Create your own schedule – The best part about working out from home is that you can literally do it whenever you want. Five minutes after waking up, or right after you come home from work. It’s an actual way to save time!
- You can roll out of bed and push play – There’s no better feeling than starting your day off right!
- Make all the weird faces and grunts you want – Worried about someone else hearing those noises you make when you’re pushing yourself to the limit? Well go ahead, and let out those grunts and groans! Don’t worry no one is watching.
- No germs but your own – You don’t have to worry about wearing the sweat of a stranger after they used that germ infested treadmill first , or being in close contact with the sneezes and coughs of sick people, that didn’t have the courtesy to stay at home.
- Results and recovery are as close as your kitchen – There’s nothing worse than when you’ve just finished a high intensity workout and have to wait an hour or more to be able to enjoy your favorite post-workout fuel. Lucky for you, your recovery formula is a just a hop, skip and jump away.
- When your done your allowed to sprawl out on the floor and catch your breath – Whether it’s 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour-long workout, when it’s over it’s over. Sprawl out in all your glory, no need to worry about whether or not the floor is totally gross or who might step on you.
Hope you enjoyed the reasons why I like to workout at home. I have been enjoying my workouts in the comfort of my own home for almost 8 years now. I am in the greatest shape of my life, and I accomplished this free of cost and conveniently on my own schedule. With such a great selection of workout videos readily available on the Internet these days, you can customize your workouts to suit your needs. You can follow along with a virtual trainer or just grab some free weights, a yoga mat and your favourite play list and get sweating! For more great fitness tips and tricks follow me on Instagram @Fit.Fabulous.Beautiful or check my Facebook page daily, to follow along with my daily workouts and fitness tips!
Check out my Fab 5’s and try out some of my favorite workout videos right from home. What do you like to do for exercise? Tell me in the comments below.