Cutting out all the excess unneeded calories from your diet is important when trying to lose weight, but it’s much easier said than done. With these simple no fuss tips, you can easily cut up to 500 calories a day from your diet, and be on track to dropping as much as 1 pound per week! Check out my 5 simple tips below to get started!
5 Simple Tips to losing those last few pounds!
1. Don’t eat in front of the television! You’ll end up eating up to 300 extra calories per meal. Instead, enjoy all your meals at the kitchen table, and swap one hour of TV for a brisk after noon hike or walk. All together, you could burn between 500-600 calories.
2. Serve and sit! Family style meals, with platters of food on the table, are just an open invitation to go back for seconds and thirds. You can cut hundreds of extra calories, simply by filling your plate before you sit at the table; leave all the serving dishes in The kitchen!
3. Limit your salad toppings. A big salad might seem like a healthy choice, but all those goodies on top can add up to more calories than lasagna or fettuccine Alfredo. Cheese crumbles, caramelized nuts, bacon, avocado, dried fruit, croutons, and vinaigrettes all add a lot of extra unwanted calories. Easily eliminate 500 or more calories by having just one topping, and adding flavorful but low-cal veggies such as bell peppers, grilled onions and mushrooms. Also try using only half the dressing.
4. Use smaller plates. Swap your 12-inch plate for a 10-inch one. You’ll end up eating 20-25 percent less — and will easily eliminate up to 500 calories.
5. Get in tune with your tummy. Pay attention to how full you feel, and put down your fork when you’re satisfied. Listening to your body’s cues—instead of checking whether your plate is clean—could cut up to 500 calories a day.
For more great health tips check out my post ” The importance of healthy eating habits!” How do you curb cravings? What are your health and fitness goals for 2017?