After a good workout, I always turn to a delicious smoothie to satisfy my hunger and fuel my body with the right nutrients for repair and recovery. To ensure my smoothie will fill me up and keep me satisfied for more than a few minutes, I’ve learned that I need to pack it with nutritious ingredients such as whole grains, fresh fruits, greens and of course protein.
Another great addition to any smoothie is a spoonful of nut butter or a handful of chopped nuts to add a little texture, with the added benefits of healthy fats. To achieve the unique “muffin” flavour in this smoothie, I turned to butter extract and uncooked oats to achieve the right taste and consistency.
This smoothie is full of healthy, sweet, creamy deliciousness! Enjoy this as a healthy snack option or as a post workout recovery drink. Happy sipping!
Blueberry Muffin Protein Power Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other non-dairy beverage
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1 scoop Vega vanilla sport protein
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavour extract
- 1-2 cups ice ( more or less to achieve desired thickness )
1. Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
2. Garnish with additional blueberries on top
3. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
– You can try substituting additional frozen blueberries for the ice for a more intense berry flavour.
– Try stirring in the blueberries at the end, rather than blending. Tastes great as a smoothie bowl this way, spoonfuls of fresh berries !
– Adjust the amount of ice added to achieve desired consistency when making a smoothie bowl.
For more great smoothie creations see RECIPES 💕