When it comes to smoothies, I usually like to experiment and create my own tasty concoctions to be shared with all of you. But I could hardly resist, when I came across this tasty non dairy version of such a classic ice cream favour, I was just dying to try it. Not only was this smoothie created by my all time favourite protein creator Vega, but it didn’t disappoint!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you and can’t wait for you to try it! With its sweet Canadian maple core and the toasted crunch of walnuts, how could anyone resist this guilty pleasure. I hope you all find it as delicious and indulgent as did I.
Servings : 1
Prep Time : 15 minutes
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup lightly roasted walnuts, set aside 1 tbsp to sprinkle on top
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup ( adjust to taste )
- 1 scoop of your favourite vanilla Vega protein
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F, spread walnuts evenly onto a cookie sheet. Roast for 10 – 12 minutes, just until fragrant. Remove from oven and let them cool slightly.
2. After walnuts have cooled, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Serve immediately.
4. Roughly chop the left over walnuts and sprinkle on top with a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy!
– You can toast the walnuts ahead of time, let them cool and keep them in an airtight container for use when desired.
– Start with just 1 tbsp of maple syrup, taste and add the second tablespoon of maple syrup if still desired. With a very ripe banana, one tablespoon of syrup should be perfect. More might be required if using a less ripe banana.
Do you have a smoothie recipe you would like to share? I would love to try them out. Send all recipes to email@example.com
For daily inspiration and more plant-based creations follow vega_team on Instagram.
Feature image and recipe courtesy of myvega.com 💕