Try my Mochabutter glow smoothie!
1 scoop vega mocha protein
1 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp chia
1 tbsp flax
3/4 cup kale ( I freeze my kale it blends nicely like this)
Add more milk if smoothie is too thick for your liking❤️
I’m always looking for new smoothie recipes or creating my own. They are great for a post workout snack or breakfast on the go! Check out my all about healthy drinks board on Pinterest for more great recipes like this! Do you have a recipe to share? Send me a pin or leave a comment below with a link❤️
We all want to look good and feel good this summer. When we think of hot temperatures, tank tops and bikinis , we all get a little more motivated to start working out and eating healthy. The problem is, we all have so many excuses and life sometimes consumes us. I have discovered over the years that I can feel and look great by exercising in the comfort of my own home. Working out at home saves money, takes less time and can be done whenever your schedule allows. Read on to find a great list of reasons , you too should start working out at home!
Benefits of working out at home vs. the gym this summer!…
With so much disease in the world today , it seems that everyone has had at least one close friend or family member affected by one type of cancer or another. Cancer is one of the top health risks in the world, affecting so many people no matter what their age or gender. I have had several loved ones in my life who have had to face the battle of all that comes with this ugly disease. Some of wich have won the battle and others who weren’t so lucky.
The most inspirational story of all would be that of my Grandmother. My Grandma was a seemingly healthy person, living a good life and one day with no warning was hit with the horrible news from her doctor that life had taken a turn. …
Oatmeal Cookie protein smoothie
1 scoop Vega protein with greens
1 cup almond milk
1/3 cup oats
1 tsp. agave
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. chia seeds
1/2 cup of ice
Mix all ingredients well in a blender and enjoy!
Try another one of my other smoothie creations here!
Smoothies and Protein shakes are a regular part of my diet. They are easy to make, packed full of nutrients and are great snacks or meal replacements when on the go. I have put together a list of ingredients I use in each and every smoothie I make. Each one of these ingredients provides great health and nutritional benefits.
My top 5 Smoothie ingredients!
- Chia – these tiny little treasures are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are packed full of fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids and various other micronutrients.
- Kale – I purchase kale in large quantities and freeze it for easy use. In 1 cup of kale you will find nearly 3 grams of protein, 2.5 grams of fiber (to help manage blood sugar and provide that feeling of fullness), Vitamins (A,C and K), Folate (great for the brain), and Alpha-linolenic acid ( an omega-3 fatty acid ).
Living a busy and active lifestyle, it can be hard to make sure we are always eating healthy and getting proper nutrition between meals while on the go. I am always in search of new recipes for convenient grab and go snacks that not only taste great but pack a nutritional punch. I have put together a list of my top 5 favourite on the go snacks, all the recipes listed are easy, quick and provide great nutrition on the go in easy pack and go portions. Try one of these today and you will never buy a granola bar again.
My top 5 favourite on the go snacks!
I make all of these snacks regularly, they are super quick and tasty. …
Ok let’s get serious now. Winter is officially over no more excuses no more turkey dinners! With Spring around the corner let’s get focused again on our health and fitness. Read on to find two ways we can kick start our bodies and get focused just in time for Spring Break! Wether you plan on hitting the beaches in Mexico or Hawaii, or plan on having a staycation, we all want to look and feel great this Spring Break!
#1 Let’s try a Fitness Challenge
30 day Push up Challenge courtesy of fitnessmagazine.com
Lets try this challenge together, I will post the daily challenge on my Facebook page to keep everyone on track. Nothing is Impossible!
#2 Let’s try a Detox
Jillian Michaels Detox Water
This is her detox water recipe for the water used in her 7-day detox to lose 5lbs of excess water weight.…
When trying to achieve that super sexy, sculpted flat stomach for Bikini season, we all tend to forget one very important thing! We can do all the planks, crunches, and sit-ups in the world to tone and strengthen our abdominal muscles, but if we do not eat the right foods we will never see the results !
Here is a list of foods that are all great at helping us achieve that flat stomach. Keep these on hand in your kitchen all the time, conquer hunger and cravings with right choices!
My 10 Must Have Flat Belly Foods
- Oatmeal ( my go to breakfast) – it helps maintain blood sugars so we don’t binge. Plus it is fibre packed to help keep you feeling full longer.
1. It can Reduce And Prevent Pain
- A strong core stabilizes you and can work like a natural brace for your joints.
2. It can Make You Look Taller and Thinner
- When you strengthen your upper back and shoulders, your muscles are pulled back and down, removing any trace of a hunch, or bad posture.
3. It can Delay the Aging Process
- A strong core can keep your body aligned, so that you can function properly.
4. It can Improve Mental Function
- Having an aligned and stable spine allows your brain to receive your body’s messages more efficiently.
5. It can Improve Performance
- Stabilizing your core increases your fine motor skills, so you are able to stay more balanced, and react quicker on unstable surfaces.