After a good workout, I always turn to a delicious smoothie to satisfy my hunger and fuel my body with the right nutrients for repair and recovery. To ensure my smoothie will fill me up and keep me satisfied for more than a few minutes, I’ve learned that I need to pack it with nutritious ingredients such as whole grains, fresh fruits, greens and of course protein.
Another great addition to any smoothie is a spoonful of nut butter or a handful of chopped nuts to add a little texture, with the added benefits of healthy fats. To achieve the unique “muffin” flavour in this smoothie, I turned to butter extract and uncooked oats to achieve the right taste and consistency.…
All though you may have had big plans to focus on healthy eating and step up your fitness game in the weeks leading up to your March Break getaway, your plans to be bikini ready likely got pushed aside. As time began slipping away, everyday life left you stress-eating and lacking the time or energy to step foot in the gym. Well don’t fret – these last-minute tips will get you back on track, so let’s get fit, be fabulous and feel beautiful!
LAST – MINUTE TIPS FOR MARCH BREAK
1. Drink up – staying hydrated will help to keep you de-bloated and have your skin looking fresh and supple. Don’t forget to drink up while you are travelling either. …
When choosing which makeup colours to use there are no rules set in stone, but one thing is for sure not all shades will suit everyone. Your overall makeup look will look more polished if you take into consideration the colour of your eyes, skin and hair. In this post we are going to focus all of our attention just on the eyes. The eyes can tell so much about a person, so play them up and accentuate one of your best features to make them pop. This can be achieved by simply choosing the right colours.
BEST SHADOWS FOR YOUR EYE COLOUR
- shades of orange such as terracotta, peach, copper and bronze will warm up those baby blues and really make them pop
- gold and brown neutral shades are always a compliment, great for a subtle everyday makeup look
- virtually any shade looks flattering on brown eyes
- vibrant purples and rich plums will highlight the clarity of your eye color
- a mossy green shade will lighten and brighten those brown eyes
- enhance this beautiful rare eye color rather than let your makeup take center stage
- warm neutral shades and purple will accent your green eyes and make them pop
- use a shade of green slightly darker than your eyes to create depth
- rust and cranberry will also look very beautiful
- use bright violet shades to make hazel eyes stand out
- apply warm neutral shades to enhance your natural gold flecks
- amplify your unique color with cool shades of blue
- pewter gray, and shimmery charcoal shades will help to add depth and enhance your natural hue
If you are looking to step outside the box a bit when it comes to eye makeup, I have found some fun and vivid shadows that will work with every eye color. …
When I came across this recipe from Chelsea Lords of Chelsea’s Messy Apron, I practically fell out of my chair. Can we talk about this for a second?? Chocolate, Peanut Butter and more Chocolate all wrapped together in one mouth-watering bite, in what way can we call all of that Skinny? These muffins are basically all of my favorite things rolled into one. If this woman has some how accomplished this, then Sign. Me. Up!
These delicious little treats are the healthier, skinnier version of the greatest chocolate cake you may ever taste! With absolutely no added butter or oil. And not even a pinch of flour, these muffins are also gluten-free.
So you may be asking yourself …how can these actually taste good? …
Proper makeup removal is an essential step to keeping your skin healthy. Going to bed with your makeup on will leave your pores clogged, preventing them from naturally balancing the PH of your skin.
You should always be washing your face twice a day. When you cleanse your skin in the am, you are washing away all the toxins that were released while you slept. When you cleanse the skin again in the evening, you are removing all the makeup and impurities that may have accumulated on your skin throughout the day.
3 steps to proper skin care:
- Cleanse – start by removing all the makeup from your eyes and lips with a gentle makeup remover and cotton pad, then wash your face with a cleanser best suited to your skin type.